Below is an explanation of the Avatour features available to your guests using a compatible VR headset.
For a full list of compatible VR hardware, please visit this knowledge base article.
Opening Screen Options
Once the Avatour App has been selected, the app will attempt to load the details for sessions you have participated in as a VR guest. You will then have the following items on screen:
- A list of sessions you have previously joined
- The option to enter a session code to join a session
- Selecting a translated language for the app: English, or Japanese
If you have not participated in a meeting as a VR guest, you will only have the options to enter a session code, and select your language. Reach out to your session’s Host if you do not have a session code.
By selecting a session from your list, or entering a session code, you will then join the session.
You will first be asked to select an avatar and input your name. Your avatar will be a visual representation of yourself for others to see while viewing a 360° space. You will also be presented with a list of session assets that the Host has made available to you during the session.
By clicking anywhere in the virtual space, either with your VR controller or VR headset controls, our toolbar will display. You will have the following options:
- Chat: This will open a sub window for you to send chat messages viewable by the Host and all other guests.
- Mic: Selecting this option will mute your VR headset’s microphone.
- Snapshot: Selecting this will bring up a sub-menu with 5 items. Each takes a specific type of snapshot, and will then allow you to annotate on top of the image. You can save these snapshots to the session assets by clicking the save icon.
- 360° Capture: Takes a 360° snapshot of the entire viewing space
- Portrait: Takes a 2D snapshot with portrait framing
- Landscape: Takes a 2D snapshot with landscape framing
- Square: Takes a 2D snapshot with square framing
- SuperFreeze: Takes a high resolution 360° snapshot
- Present: Selecting this will prompt you with 2 items:
- Spotlight: This will be available if you are viewing 360° live video. It will allow you to see what all guests are focusing on during the session.
- Assets: This will bring up the list of all session assets.
- More: Selecting this will prompt you with 4 items:
- Edit Profile: This will allow you to change your avatar and your display name.
- Avatars: This slider turns viewable avatars on or off
- Seat Map: This displays a list of all participating guests in the session
- Language: Allows you to change the application’s translated language
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.