The guide below details the steps for uploading pre-recorded 360° videos via the Avatour Host dashboard, and sharing it with other users in an Avatour session.
Step 1: Create a 360° Video File
Avatour can ingest and play back 360° videos from a wide variety of sources. The basic file requirements are as follows:
- MP4 file container format
- H265 or h.264 video compression format
- Equirectangular projection (this is the industry-standard 360 format)
- Maximum resolution: 5760x2880 (only 2D360 files are currently supported)
- Maximum frame rate: 60fps
Don't know how to create a 360° video? Don't worry, we've got you covered.
Step 2: Adding pre-recorded content to your Library
Option 1: Mobile Uploading
Labpano Pilot camera users have the ability to upload pre-recorded content directly from the Avatour app. Please see our article for a full step-by-step guide if using this 360 device.
For Insta360 users, Avatour hosts are able to log into the Host Dashboard at avatour.live/login from a mobile browser and follow the steps below to upload offline content:
1. Open the left menu pane option and select "Assets".
2. Once this page has loaded select the orange "Upload Files" button in the top right corner to access your phone's media library containing the exported files
Option 2: PC Uploading
If wanting to store and upload the files via a PC, the following video tutorial walks through steps for locating these files, transferring them, and ultimately uploading as assets to your Avatour Host Dashboard.
1. Connect 360 device and transfer video files to your computer
2. Log into your Avatour Host account.
3. Select the Assets option on the left side panel
4. Click the orange “Upload File” icon from the upper right corner.
5. Select compatible .MP4 videos and images for upload as assets
Step 2: Adding assets to a session
Navigate to the My Sessions tab, select the "New Session" icon and fill out with title, meeting time, and invited participants.
Next, select the blue “Add assets” option. The content added to your Library in Step 1 will be able to be selected for viewing within the session by checking the orange box.
Once finished select Save Session to secure these selections.
NOTE: Once your file is uploaded, it can take some time for the video to be processed, depending on capture resolution, bitrate, and duration. Figure about a 10:1 processing time; that is, if your video is 20 minutes long, expect about 1.5 hrs of processing before the asset will be available.
Step 3: Playing an asset during a session
To access an uploaded asset during a live session, select the "Present" button then click on Assets which will open the Session files menu and allow the selected files in the previous step to be available for playback